Back in September of 2018, I wrote this post about what I’ve learned working in Marketing. Now I’m back with a second round of what I’ve learned this past year.
- Marketing and Advertising is ever-evolving. What worked yesterday, probably won’t work today.
- Surround yourself with smart people. It pays off.
- There is no such thing as being too prepared.
- It’s important to try things you’ve never done before.
- Take care of yourself. Mentally. Physically. Emotionally.
- The worst thing you can do is nothing. Sitting on it won’t make it any better. Make a decision and deal with the consequences.
- Relationships aren’t built through email. Pick up the phone.
- Don’t let a nasty email, bad result or missed email eat you alive. Shake it off and promise yourself you’ll do better next time.
- Sometimes you’re not as good as you think you are.
- There’s always more to learn.
What have you learned working in Marketing or your industry? Share in the comments below.